Position Title: Director – Warrior Protection and Readiness Coalition
The Warrior Protection and Readiness Coalition (WPRC) is a not for profit coalition of companies dedicated to manufacturing equipment that protects American warfighters and provides them with the superior combat capabilities needed to accomplish critical missions. As an advocate for the warfighter equipment industry, the WPRC represents a diverse and growing network of companies to ensure sustained funding for the products that help bring American service members home safely. WPRC initiatives include: 1) formulating and recommending policies to ensure that a robust domestic manufacturing and innovation base continues to exist, sensible regulations and standards are passed, and productive procurement practices are followed; 2) maintaining a communications conduit between WPRC members and Department of Defense (DOD) leadership and program managers; 3) generating industry data to educate legislators and help shape public policy to ensure industry sustainment and growth; and 4) conducting marketing and communication programs to build the WPRC brand and support its mission.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
The Director will lead all aspects of the WPRC to ensure business and brand value is created for its members. A successful WPRC leader will report to and receive guidance from the Board of Directors as he/ she develops and executes a WPRC growth plan and executes on the WPRC mission. Core job responsibilities will include:
- Creating and executing a WPRC strategic marketing and business plan to achieve Coalition goals.
- Leading all aspects of WPRC management, including staffing, budgeting, planning, member recruiting and retention, member meetings and events, government relations and political action committee administration.
- Developing and delivering all coalition strategic communications to include membership updates, media outreach presentations, position papers, speeches, press kits and digital media.
- Building and maintaining relationships with DOD leadership, program executive offices, contracting agencies, members of Congress and professional staff and executive branch offices.
- Acting as liaison with other associations, think tanks, and academia to broaden and deepen support for WPRC mission.
- Leading the collection and analysis of data to support industry education, advocacy agenda and strategy.
- Creating all general accounting, billing and reporting statements for the Coalition. Director will also responsible for updating the Board of Directors at any and all meetings at the Board’s request.
- Completing all updates to Coalition’s website and mailings.
Job Requirements and Experience:
The ideal candidate will possess significant knowledge, experience and relationships in the warfighter equipment industry and have held a customer facing role with demonstrated expertise in marketing, sales, manufacturing, government contracting, government relations and strategic communications. Successful candidates will also have knowledge of the legislative process and the Department of Defense planning, programming, budgeting and execution processes. Work experience administering or working with trade associations and knowledge of laws and guidelines governing trade association activities is also essential. Additional desired professional skills, capabilities, and education include:
- Two years professional work experience in a trade association environmentExcellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self motivated and independent worker
- Capitol Hill experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business or public policy. MBA or other relevant graduate degree is preferred.
- Prior military service and hands on use of warfighter equipment through military service is preferred.
Most importantly, candidates must exhibit a passion for serving the brave men and women that protect us and a commitment to the companies that are dedicated to equipping them. This position will require travel to Washington DC (if candidate doesn’t already reside locally) and member companies, who are located across the United States.
Please contact us at 202.618.9976